Everyone talks about how to get people on your mailing list – but what do you do with them once they are there?
Common practice is to get a big list going then break it down into smaller pieces.
- Set up an autoresponder to send out a newsletter to keep in touch with your customers or prospects.
- Create a second list with follow up messages in your autoresponder for an “up-sell” product of yours or an affiliate product.
- Create a landing page within your web site for that product with a new sign up box that will place interested people on your new list.
- When sending out your newsletter, offer free information (a small e-course, free report, etc) on that product, supply the link to your new landing page.
- This will place a group of people on your new list.
- The first message people receive is the download link for the report or day 1 of the mini-course. If you are using a mini course, make sure you send out follow ups within a reasonable time frame – no greater then every 4 days.
- Rinse and repeat.
Keep doing this for each market segment you are trying to niche out. The result will be a higher buy rate since only the people who want that product (or product group) will sign up. Segment 1 may be interested in weight loss products, segment 2 may be interested in organic facial cleansers – some may be interested in both.
By breaking your big list down into smaller lists, you are creating your own market niches – which is always easier to sell to, leveraging your time and increasing your income.