According to the data from Communities-dominate blogs, the frequency of txt / sms messaging is mind blowing! Here are some numbers to put the 2.4 Billion (with a B) mobile phone users worldwide into perspective:
- 800 million automobile owners
- 1.3 B people who have a fixed land line
- 1.5 people own televisions
- 1.4 Billion people have credit cards
- 850 million people own PC’s
- 1.1 Billion people have Internet accounts
- 85 million people own iPods
- 200 million gaming units were shipped in 2006
- 300 million digital camera were shipped in 2006
- There are 2.7 Billion Mobile Phones in use right now
- 950 million mobile phones were sold last year world wide
- In 2006 the subscriber base grew from 2.1 billion to 2.7 billion.
This is not a segment of the market that can be ignored! To reach the mobile phone subscribers quickly & effortlessly and provide them with the information that they want and need right now – you have to be able to communicate with them on the medium they know and love: Their PHONE!