HUGE Thanks to @marismith for pointing out the Profile HTML Application!
I was asked how to use the Profile HTML Application on Facebook – so I figured a post here would be of the most benefit.
While there are a lot of uses for the HTML application – I used it to create a sign up form for my opt in Marketing Newsletter. Here are the steps:
- Open an Aweber Account
- Create a list for your opt in newsletter, product letter or whatever you feel you need an autoresponder for.
- Create a form for your opt in list. Keep it simple, name and email address is sufficient.
- Click on “Get Code” – get the HTML code for the Profile HTML App not the java code
- Copy the code into note pad
- Go to your facebook account
- Add the Profile HTML App to your profile (you can also add it to a page if you have one)
- Paste the code from note pad into the box on the application page
- Hit preview
- If you like what you see – hit save!
- Check, yes I want it on my profile
And Ta Da! There it is!
I want you to notice a few little things in my opt in form.
First – I don’t use “Submit” I use a fun relevant phrase on the Submit button.
Second – I highlight FREE. I want people to know there is no fee for joining the mailing list and that my newsletter is a free service for people to enjoy and learn from.
Let me know if you have any more questions! 🙂
Learn More about our Social Media Offerings!