Facebook has begun to roll out their new design.
3 things I love about it
- The search bar will be centered across the top of the screen, giving it more prominence. I find the search bar invaluable to quickly jump from page to page or profile to profile and hope its new location will encourage smarter use.
- The left side bar will be more useful
- Your bookmarks will be on the left hand side
- You can update your status from anywhere. Your status “bar” will be on the left hand side, giving you access to update your status anywhere in Facebook.
- Notifications, requests and message icons will be at the top of the page. (See Mashable’s screen shots here) Having these as drop downs will ease readability.
Other changes include, a smaller chat bar, which I am not sure how I feel about. If it makes it more browser friendly or mobile friendly, I am all for it.
The account log in / out function has been rolled into a single account drop down.
What are your thoughts on the “new” Facebook look?